Retreats at Hazelwood House are traditional, silent retreats, conducted by priests of the Prelature of Opus Dei for either men or women.
Each day of the retreat includes Holy Mass, four or five meditations given by the priest, Exposition and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and recitation of the rosary. The priest conducting the retreat is available for the Sacrament of Reconciliation as well as for personal consultation.
Each participant has a private bedroom for his or her use. All meals are provided in family style and special dietary restrictions can be accommodated.
The meditations and talks cover the following themes:
- The meaning of our life
- God's designs for humanity
- Our life in the light of God's Revelation
- God and individual freedom
- Jesus Christ, true God and true man
- The passion of Christ and the mystery of Redemption
- Eternal life
- Family and Christian life
- The vocations to marriage and celibacy
- Ordinary work and holiness
- Prayer and the sacraments in the life of the Christian
- The greatness of ordinary life
- The apostolate of the Christian
- Our Lady, model of sanctity